Monday, May 1, 2023

May 1 - “Oops. Not today”

I need to clear up a mistake I accidentally made in a blog a while back. I did correct it, but from what people are telling me, and some of the comments and texts Chris has been getting, I was probably too late. Anyway, Chris’ surgery is not today. I got confused on the date, what with jet lag and old age and the like. The surgery is next Monday. We won’t know the time until probably Friday. But, hey. All the extra prayers are still needed and appreciated. 


We did our two churches yesterday. First we listened to Josh up in Waco, then to Kel over at Seaside. Great to touch base with both groups of God’s people. 


After church Kel and his family stopped by. They brought us some burgers and fixin’s. We used the opportunity to tell them a little about Hawaii and give them the souvenirs we had for them. They couldn’t stay long though. Micah had someone coming by their house to pick him up. They were heading out to play some video games. 


The Astros didn’t start until 6 p.m., so we watched a movie. And what better than a baseball one? We found A League of Their Own on Netflix. That’s the one about the women’s professional baseball league during World War II. Fun movie. 


Psalms‬ ‭4‬‬:‭8‬ says, In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.


Father, thank you for the pastors my boys have become … all three of them. Amen. 

No comments: