Friday, May 19, 2023

May 19 - “Speaking of fun …”

We had a fun visit yesterday. Sam came by between her appointments so she wouldn’t have to drive all the way back to her house. She had a bite of lunch, and we chatted for a while. Great to see her, as always. 


Every so often Chris gets cold, so she goes outside with a book to warm up. On one of her trips I did my back exercises. On another I turned on Netflix and watched that sci-fi classic, Galaxy Quest. I’d seen it before, but it is definitely worth a second view. Tim the tool man Taylor, Alien Sigourney Weaver, Professor Snape, among others. Very fun stuff. 


Speaking of fun, Sam came back later in the day to eat her nasty Chinese food all over my table. Kel and Josiah also came by on their way to Josiah’s baseball game. And then Christina, Jachin, Noa, and Ezra came on their way to the game. And while they were all there, Sandy from church came over with some beef stew and shrimp salad. Whew. Grand Central Station. 


I left after I ate so I could see some of the game. Noa and Ezra stayed at the house with Chris. Josiah was batting when I walked up. Two men on base. But a wild pitch and a throwing error or two scored both runs before Josiah even had a chance to swing. And he never got the chance the pitcher threw four straight balls. That was a pretty good depiction of how the game went. Josiah team won handily. As it turned out, they won by forfeit anyway. The other team only had six guys show up, so a few of Josiah’s guys played for them. These are the playoffs, so they play again tonight. This time they play against Brennan’s team. Should be even more fun. 


Acts‬ ‭1‬‬:‭8‬ says, But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.


Father, thanks for our houseful of visitors today. Kind of tired Chris out, but it kinda felt like a regular Thursday home group for a while. Amen. 

No comments: