Saturday, May 27, 2023

May 27 - “Inspection”

We had a few errands on tap for yesterday. First up was a visit to Dennis, our mechanic. No problem there, actually. It was just time to get it inspected. Only issues came when the machine couldn’t read what the car was sending. Come to find out, I was causing the problem because my phone’s Bluetooth was on. I switched it off and all was well. Passed with flying colors. 


Next I drove downtown to get the registration sticker. There was only one guy in front of me in the line. Shortest wait ever there. When I got to the window, there was a bit of an issue. The computer had t yet received the information from the inspection. Fortunately, I had the old-school printout in my hand. She typed in the revenant information, and out popped the sticker. Well, after I gave her the money, of course. 


On the way home I stopped by Central fire station. I haven’t been to any of the stations since before Hawaii. I was worried nobody would even recognize me. The crew was out on a call, but I was greeted warmly  the secretaries and the chiefs who were there. Great to see them all again. 


Back at the house we had a totally different problem. Plumbing. Our sewer was overflowing into the garage and backing up into the bathtub. We called the number for our plumber,  but we weren’t sure if he is still in the business. It’s been a while since we needed him. The answering machine picked up like it used to - same message and everything. So we decided to wait it out and see if he responded. No response. But in the meantime, all the backed up drains … drained. Best we can tell, it’s a function of washing clothes. We just have to be careful on the second and following loads. 


Ephesians‬ ‭6‬:‭18‬ says, And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.


Father, thank you for Dennis and the help he has always been to our cars and to us. Amen. 

‭‭

No comments: