Wednesday, May 31, 2023

May 31 - “Where’s the wheel?”

The Josh family got up in the morning and made their way to the beach.  We stayed home in case Christi’s parents decided to come to the house instead of meeting them at the beach. As it turned out, they braved the sand and met them. 


While they were gone, I was tasked with getting some gas in the car and picking up some milk. I noticed right away that traffic at the entrance of our subdivision was unusually heavy. As I turned right, back over my shoulder I noticed the cause of the tie-up. A truck blew a back tire. I mean the tire was gone. Completely. Only thing left was part of the axle. The wrecker driver was trying to figure out how to pick it up onto his flatbed. I guess he finally figured it out, because they were gone when I got back home. 


I got the gas and milk at Randall’s. As I got back in my car, I noticed engine 4 was parked across the street at a little strip mall. I couldn’t resist. I had to check on my guys, of course. But when I approached the driver I commented, “I didn’t know if you guys were over here getting haircuts or eating health food.”  Of course it was neither. They were there doing fire inspections. I chatted with that driver for a while, then remembered I had milk in the car, so I hurried home. 


We went to lunch at Shrimp and Stuff. It was the first time for Christi’s parents. I’m pretty sure we have a couple of new disciples. They said they loved it. 


After eating that big lunch, we went downtown to the Strand. We didn’t do the whole thing, though. Just LaKings for ice cream and Jamaica Me Crazy so Zak could get some souvenirs for his friends. 


We had to do a quick Walmart run while our guests made a return trip to the beach. We had to pick up a few more burger fixins. Luke was elated to have a plain old hamburger after all the exotic seafood. 


Isaiah‬ ‭43‬:‭2‬ ‭says, When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.


Father, thank you that our guests seemed to have a pretty good time. Now please protect them on their drive home. Amen. 

‭‭

No comments: