Thursday, May 25, 2023

May 25 - “From the Minnesota/ North Dakota Department of Tourism”

Got another early start yesterday. Just woke up at around 3:30. My back was a little sore and my right foot was throbbing. I know. Weird ailments time again. But neither was enough to keep me awake. I was just awake. 


So I got up and began my morning routine as quietly as possible. I went ahead and published my blog for the day, and before I could even make the coffee, my friend in Minnesota started messaging me. We exchanged thoughts on the joys of aging (early morning bathroom runs and the like).  He also gave me the Minnesota Department of Tourism spiel when I told him about the good possibility of our coming to or through their state when we go on our next road trip. Minnesota and North Dakota will be the northernmost of the states we visit, and they will finish out our quest to visit all 50. Gary recommended everything from The Spam Museum to the world’s largest ball of twine. Then later in the afternoon he sent me links to two must-see museums in North Dakota - Roger Maris and Lawrence Welk. Can’t wait. 


Last night we went into Texas to have dinner with Nathan, April and Cailyn. It was actually Chris’ Mother’s Day dinner. They also gave her one of those throw blankets. Very soft and cuddly. In fact, she wrapped up in it after we ate and wore it while we were there. Nathan barbecued some chicken and added some fresh corn and beans to the mix. Cailyn and her friend Griselda baked a cake and decorated it. Great job, by the way, girls. You too, Nathan. 


Colossians‬ ‭3‬:‭12‬ ‭says, Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.”

Father, thank you for family who feed us and friends who direct us to must-see places. Amen. 

No comments: