Sunday, May 7, 2023

May 7 - “An official day”

I guess yesterday was officially King Charles Coronavirus - er- I mean - Coronation Day. Sorry. I got mixed up with the official announcement that the Coronavirus Epidemic was no longer a thing. Anyway, congrats to the king, or whatever you say to him on his big day. Oh, and congrats to whoever won the official Kentucky Derby, too. Never been a big horse race fan, myself. 


Speaking of big, official days, on a more local note, I presided over a wedding yesterday. Certainly a big day for the bride and groom. We weren’t going to have a rehearsal at first, but the bride called at the last minute requesting one, so we worked it in in the morning. Anything to soothe the frazzled nerves of the bride, of course. All went well, though. Get ‘em hitched. 


After the ceremony I chatted with the young kid who identified himself as the boyfriend of the bride’s daughter. That would put him about 14 or 15 years old. He asked about the Bible passage I read, then wanted to know how he could get into the ministry. Wow. Talk about a loaded question. I did some quick counseling in that regard and even shared my testimony with him, but I tried to steer him back to the basics. Read the Bible. Get really involved in a church that teaches a personal relationship with Jesus. He seemed like a sharp, good-looking kid. He could influence a lot of his peers. 


Psalms‬ ‭56‬‬:‭3‬ says, When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.


Father, be with young Chad. Direct him to believers who can guide him as he seeks to follow you. And be with Juan and Amber in their life together. Amen. 

No comments: