Tuesday, May 2, 2023

May 2 - “Celebrating?”

Walking was on the docket again to start the day. I added half a mile, so I’m up to 1.5 now. I have no idea how far Chris goes, but I’m sure it’s closer to 3. 


Back home she immediately tackled the last flowerbed in the back yard. I made the mistake of going out there to check on her. Before long she had me trimming up a little bush back there. It was kind of fun. I like doing that part of yard work.  


I did have some work to get done. Well, now. That sure sounds funny. Work? But I’m presiding over a wedding on Saturday, so I had to get the ceremony written and ready. So, yeah. Work. 


We celebrated the end of quarantine (sort of. Ok, we were a day early, but who’s counting?)  by going to a baseball game. No, not the Astros. Josiah had a game in Santa Fe. (Good guys won). And since we were there, we decided to swing by Nathan’s and share a souvenir or two with them. April didn’t get home from work before we had to leave, so we left her stuff there. 


We both commented that it felt strange being in the car again. Felt good to me. I’m ready for another trip. But we have one kind of important thing to get taken care of next Monday (and beyond) before that can happen. 


Galatians‬ ‭5‬‬:‭14‬ says, For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”


Father, thank you for being with us over the course of these last two weeks. Don’t leave now, though. Amen. 

No comments: