Sunday, May 21, 2023

May 21 - “They’re there”

started my morning in the wee hours. I woke up at 3:15 a.m.  My back was barking at me a little bit, and I had to go to the bathroom, but I don’t think that’s why I was awake. See, our Alaska missions team was on their way to the airport at that time. I’m pretty sure I woke up so I could pray for them and text them a few words of encouragement. I hope I caught all of them. 


I managed to doze for another hour or so before getting up. I knew that I had a task before me. It was time to scatter Weed n Feed on the lawns. Fortunately, the sky was overcast, so it wasn’t too hot. I got it done while Chris went on a walk. When she got back, she started her sprinkler routine and got it all watered in. 

 

We had another visitor yesterday afternoon. My cousin Jer from Florida was in town and stopped by to visit. Good to talk to him again. He told us all about his visit to the church in Alice, Texas, where he was christened as a baby. 


He had some issues trying to get out of town though. He wanted to ride the ferry, but after waiting in the line for two and a half hours and watching the line jumpers consistently get away with it, he turned around and headed out over the causeway. By 7:30 he wasn’t yet in Baytown, so at least one night on the road was definitely in his future. 


We did get word that our mission team safely landed in Alaska. They sent some stunning pictures of the mountains they had already seen. They also sent another picture. It was a pile of poop. Scat. Animal feces. Problem was, the locals were trying to convince them that it was from a moose. Huh. Locals will do anything to scam a tourist. Everybody knows there’s no such thing as a moose. 


Revelation‬ ‭21‬‬:‭4‬ says, He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.


Father, thank you for a safe first leg for the team.  Please grant them safe journeys and great experiences going forward. Oh, and please be with us at Seaside this morning. Been a while since I preached. I might be a little rusty. Amen. 


 

No comments: