Friday, May 26, 2023

May 26 - “$4.99”

I pitched in to help Chris with cleaning up the house to make it ready for home group again. I did the sweeping and vacuuming. She handled the dusting and mopping. And bathroom cleaning. I think we both stopped just a hair before our respective maladies (my back, her heart and surgery soreness) kicked in. Hopefully the house was at least almost back up to acceptable cleanliness standards.  


I did a little excursion on my own after lunch. I went over to Randall’s. No, not for a prescription this time. They actually had Blue Bell ice cream on sale for $4.99 each that’s no less than $4.00 off the regular price. Of course they had a strict limit of two per online account. That was enough for me to nab one of the last two cartons of the new Dr Pepper float flavor. Can’t wait to taste it. 


Sam came over later in the afternoon. She sometimes comes early and hangs out before home group begins. She had some supper with us. She really liked that cauliflower concoction as well. 


Speaking of home group, we had four newbies there. Actually, two were the newbies - Sandy and Ron. They brought along two friends of theirs from San Antonio. Door’s always open …


John‬ ‭16‬:‭13‬ ‭says, But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.


Father, thanks for the new folks at home group. And thanks for the time we had with Sam. Amen. 

No comments: