Saturday, May 20, 2023

May 20 - “A real doozy”

We started the day off early again. Mowed the lawn. Did the Weed eater. Add the leaf blower. Gotta include the broom and dust pan. All the while peeking over my shoulder to make sure Chris wasn’t trying to do anything. When we were in the front yard, Janell came over with the same intent, so Chris had a baby sitter. And I finished the yard in record time. Now the plan for today is to spread weed and feed. 


Last night we went over to the baseball field to watch Josiah’s team play against Brennan’s. Ideal situation, actually. No matter what happens, Seaside wins. And the game was a real doozy. Back and forth tight pitcher’s duel. And it appropriately ended with Brennan’s team coming from behind in the bottom of the ninth to win 7-6.  Brennan and Josiah each walked in their times at bat. Proud of you, boys. 


We gathered with Christina and the younger kiddos and Micah after the game. We prayed for their flight to Alaska and the mission work they will be doing. Kel and Josiah came by the house after the game so Josiah could say goodbye to our houseguest for the next week or so, their dog Leia. Since we had another captive audience, we prayed with them as well. 


John‬ ‭14‬‬:‭1‬-‭3 says, Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God ; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.


Father, please be with the Seaside  travelers as they fly to Alaska and serve the missionaries there. As you watch over them, especially enjoy the excitement of those youngsters who have never been on an airplane. Amen. 

No comments: