Monday, May 22, 2023

May 22 - “Oh, well”

Well, Chris’ day started a bit earlier than mine this time. Lauren from Alaska sent us a message at around 9:30 their time. That would be 12:30 a.m. here. I just didn’t hear the phone tone. But Chris did, and she didn’t mind, at all. Lauren sent a photo of our missions team and assurances that they all arrived safe and sound. Later that morning, it was fun sharing texts and pictures with people from church who were receiving them from a different perspective. 


The folks in Alaska told me they watched the Seaside service. They even held hands and sang Family of God. And of course they had Noa with them, so she hollered out the “Love ya, Family” at the end. 


The service seemed to go pretty well, but I sure felt rusty. It has been a while since I last preached We did have one issue with the Visual Verse. When the time came to do it, it was nowhere to be found on the computer. Oh, well. I told everyone I’d get a copy printed for everyone during the next song so they could follow along. But when Chris went into the office to do it … the printer was out of toner. Oh, well. But wait. Before that next song was over, what should magically appear on the computer? Yep. The Visual Verse. We got to do one after all. How’s that for a God-thing “Oh, well”?


John‬ ‭14‬‬:‭27‬ says, Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


Father, thank you for those “oh well’s” that you surprise us with. And please be with the mission team as they start their flights over the mountain today. Amen. 

No comments: