Friday, May 5, 2023

May 5 - “Pictures”

Yesterday was International FireFighters Day. As I said in a Facebook post, “I just read that today is International FireFighters Day. Don’t have to go far to find the finest fire fighters around. I’m proud of you guys in the Galveston Fire Department!”


I took my sore back for a walk with Chris. Made it my whole goal length of a mile and half. There was some barking along the way, I got it done. Of course Chris made her three miles. We did have to veer around the roadwork in our neighborhood. They are finally paving the last street. I just hope they come back when they are done and redo the drainage area at the ends of our block. The way it is now really causes a backup when it rains hard, even up to flowing into the yard next door. I shudder to think what could happen if we get a big storm. 


Chris volunteered to put some Noni cream on my back. I jumped at that one. I usually do it myself before bed, so it was a real treat to have some help - from Chris and the Noni. 


Last night we had the home group folks over to check out our Hawaii pictures. It was also the first time we have really looked at them ourselves, so we had some fun reminiscing. For some reason a lot of the ones on my phone didn’t transfer to the external hard drive or the computer. Some day when I have an extra three or four hours I may try to get them on there again. We ended the time together by gathering close and praying for Sam and Chris. 


Colossians‬ ‭4‬‬:‭2‬ says, Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.


Father, thanks for the group’s care and prayers for Sam and Chris. It meant a lot to them and to me. Amen. 

No comments: