Wednesday, May 3, 2023

May 3 - “Finally “

I passed on the morning walk. Chris went on. She’s my hero. 

Finally. A Walmart run. It has been a long time since we went just to get groceries and stroll around together. Oh, don’t get me wrong. We did go to a Walmart in Hawaii, but that was for a very specific purpose. This one was for food. We also stopped by Randall’s to get a prescription. I saw the crew from station four there picking up some groceries. Finally. They were the first fire fighters I’ve seen since Hawaii and Covid quarantine. Great group of guys. 


In the afternoon it was finally my turn for a haircut. Also been a while, obviously. I got used to the short stuff when she cut it extra for the trip. She did it again. I like it. 


And finally, Sam came over to spend the night last night. She had a new form of chemo, so she wanted to be with somebody for the night following. She’s always welcome at her much-younger brother’s house. 


Isaiah‬ ‭25‬‬:‭1‬ says, Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.


Father, please be with Sam as she gets acclimated to this new chemo. Amen. 

No comments: