Sunday, April 30, 2023

April 30 - “Hamburgers, cookies, and love”

I joined Chris for mile one of her walk again. But it was cold. No, really. We had an actual cold front go through in the wee hours of the morning. Lots of heavy rain and thunder. And the wet stuff was followed by the cold. And the wind. It was really whipping, which of course made the cold even colder. Pretty miserable out there. 


When we got back, I stuck to indoor sports. Watching TV and working on the jigsaw puzzle while waiting for the Astros afternoon game to begin. We did have a visit from our neighbors. The Geran’s came over, and we just chatted for a long time. Great to have good neighbors. 


Speaking of which, Lauren came over after the church fund raiser. Even with the cold and windy conditions, they still made a tad over a thousand dollars toward the Alaska mission trip. She brought us each a hamburger and some cookies. Yet another expression of love. God has really placed some special people in our life. 


Galatians‬ ‭2‬‬:‭20‬ says, I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.


Father, thank you for all the great people and their love that you have surrounded us with. Amen. 

No comments: