Friday, April 28, 2023

April 28 - “Banana Buddy”

We awoke to some serious rain yesterday. It was coming down in buckets. Raining cats and dogs. Where do those metaphors come from, anyway?  


Ordinarily I would have been at the hospital, praying with a young man who I have a double connection with. Cody grew up at Seaside. I baptized him after youth camp one year. He is also a captain at the Galveston Fire Department, so I’m also his chaplain. At least Cody’s brother Cory kept me updated on the progress of the surgery. Everything went well. Hate it when Covid steals these moments of ministry from me.


Speaking of ministry, I had a phone call that was the first of its kind in a long time. Stacy, the wedding coordinator at the San Luis Hotel recommended md to do a wedding, and the bride was making contact. The unusual thing this time though? The wedding is in nine days. Apparently, the person they had to be the officiant dropped out at the last minute. As it turned out, I was actually available, so we hammered out some quick details. It’ll be good to see Stacy again. 


We did get to see Lauren last night. She’s my banana buddy. We both eat one a day, and somehow our schedule for needing to buy some always seems to coincide. On an outside chance I texted and asked if she might be needing to go to the store soon for bananas. Yep. She had her last one last night. She dropped us off a rack of them on her way home from work. 


Matthew‬ ‭7‬‬:‭24‬ says, Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 


Father, thanks for my Banana Buddy, and for the other folks who have checked in on us. Please be with Cody as he recuperates after his surgery. Amen. 

No comments: