Saturday, April 29, 2023

April 29 - “Going yard”

I ventured outside with Chris yesterday to join her on the first mile of her hike. Of course she went three, so there’s that. And yes, I called it a hike rather than just a walk. Sounds more exotic. 


When I got back I addressed some birthday cards. I was supposed to turn the fire on the stove on to start cooking the Lima beans, but I forgot. Fortunately, Chris knows me all too well. She texted to remind me. She knew I would look at the text right away, because the last thing I said to her was, “Text me if you fall and can’t get up.”  Can’t take that possibility lightly. When she got home she walked some stairs. She promised she wouldn’t do more than five flights. 


Of course, she didn’t stop there. She took the opportunity of being outside to get back to doing even more yard work. Pulling weeds and clearing out dead leaves. I joined her for a very brief stint pulling weeds in the front yard. I also took a look at a tiny leak in one of our outdoor faucets. Looks like the faucet itself needs to be replaced. I put it on the list. 


I texted for a while with Cody in the hospital. He seems to be doing really well. They have him up and moving around.  Proud of you, Cody. 


Psalms‬ ‭27‬‬:‭4‬ says, One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. 


Father, thank you for guiding Cody’s surgeons. Now be with his nurses as they get him up and about. Amen. 

No comments: