Tuesday, April 4, 2023

April 4 - “Dr. J”

We got some bummer news yesterday. Chris’ new glasses didn’t come in as promised. There is an outside, very remote possibility that they will get here before we leave today, but at this point we are not holding our breath. Chris is extremely unhappy with them, as she should be. She can see OK without them, but she was really hoping for a sharp, clear image of Hawaii.

 

We spent most of the day packing. Chris finished the last load of clothes around 3:30. We also made a quick Walmart run. Why? Because Chris happened to notice that my black jeans (the ones that were going to be my “formal wear” for the cruise) were frayed at the top of the pockets. Nope. Not acceptable. So I got a brand new pair (blue, because they didn’t have black in my size). I also scored a really nice gray polo. Kay Lynn designated collared polo shirts as acceptable for fine dining. I think I’m ready for any wardrobe emergency now.

 

Oh, and one more word of exciting news … we got word around 5:13 or so that our middle son is now Dr. J. Wait. That one is taken - the basketball guy. I asked if we could call him DJ. He said that was better than being perennially on the JV team. So what’s with the initials, anyway? well, whichever combination you pick, it would stand for “Doctor Josh.” He passed his orals and will graduate in May as a Doctor of Ministry. Not that we are proud or anything. …

 

Mark 11:17 says, And as he taught them, he said, Is it not written: My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations”? But you have made it a den of robbers.’”

 

Father, thank you for all the hard work Josh put in. And thank you for Christi’s unfailing support. Amen.

No comments: