Sunday, April 16, 2023

April 16 - “Lunch at Magnum’s”

The early morning this day was fraught with activity. All in the room, though. Chris was in Pack Mode. I stayed out of her way and followed orders. 


Ha’oli - means no breath, because the foreigners didn’t know or wouldn’t do the traditional forehead to forehead greeting (the aloha, or “share the breath or life”).


Speaking of aloha, as we waited in the terminal for Larry and Cary to figure out exactly how to do the whole rental car thing, our original bus driver from the first three days, Wes, walked into the terminal. He remembered us. Even called me “Old Yeller” again. Great to see him one last time. 


The whole process actually went quite smoothly. Well, other than the game of Tetris Larry and Cary played, cramming all our luggage and us into our rented minivan. It went so smoothly, in fact, that we were too early to check in to the hotel. They did let us store all our luggage there, though. 


For lunch we headed back out to try to find La Mariana’s, the restaurant/bar featured on the new version of Magnum P.I.  Didn’t see Rick or T.C. or Magnum or Juliet, though. I will say that they had the best fries in Hawaii.  And we have tasted a few. 


Our next killing time stop was at … Walmart. Yup. Walmart Hawaii. We had to get a few beach towels for a potential trip to one of the beaches. Hotels frown upon using their good white towels like that. We found the towels. Also found a little suitcase for cheap. And it was. Cheap. When we got back to the hotel the zipper broke. It revealed to he at there was a major tear hidden along the side as well. My bad for not catching it. We did return it. They had another one just like it, so I decided to give it one more try. I think I figured out why the first one collapsed, so maybe this one will work. 


We had supper at a Mexican food place right around the corner from the hotel. We all decided that it definitely did not hold a candle to Tex-Mex. 


John‬ ‭10‬‬:‭7‬-‭9‬ says, Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.


Father, please bring some miracles of healing among our little group. Even though it’s just a cold, this stuff makes us pretty miserable. Amen. 

No comments: