Thursday, June 27, 2024

June 27 - “Special moments”



We did our walk first thing yesterday. And Chris made it the whole two miles. I could tell it was a struggle for her, but she did it. That’s my girl. 


I had an appointment at 11:15. Nope. Not a doctor this time. I just needed a haircut, and Suzann was back at work after having her foot operated on. She asked at one point if I wanted a little more taken off. I told her my stock answer to that one: “Err on the side of too short. It’ll grow back.”  She did a great job, as usual. 


After watching the Astros win (woo hoo!), Chris started supper and I started a movie on TV. Not sure I should admit it, but it was The Princess Diaries. It was one of Cailyn’s favorites back in the day. We used to watch it together … a lot. Nostalgia check. So I texted her to check in. As it turns out … still one of her all-time favorites.  That’s my girl. 


‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4‬:‭18‬ says, So we do not focus on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.


Father, please keep Chris in your hand as she continues to recover. And thank you for the special moments we have had with Cailyn. Amen. 

No comments: