Sunday, June 23, 2024

June 23 - “A calm day”


What an unusual night’s sleep. Well, unusual for the last week, anyway. I woke up at 5:30 yesterday. Not too shabby a follow-up when we couldn’t keep our eyes open even to watch the Astros game.  I eased out of bed and settled into my office chair. Even managed to doze back off a little because, well, because I could. We were both tired and maybe had a tetch of that camp crud cold going on. 


Speaking of tired, after some lunch, Chris disappeared into the bedroom for a nap. I stayed in front of the TV and dozed off myself. Not saying I really watched anything in particular. I was too in and out to notice anyway. I did wake up in time to watch the Astros game though. Another win. Woohoo!


Hebrews‬ ‭4‬:‭9‬-‭10‬ ‭ says, Therefore, a Sabbath rest remains for God’s people. For the person who has entered His rest has rested from his own works, just as God did from His.


Father, thanks for a calm day. Be with us at church today. That would be the “us” here at Seaside in Galveston and the “us” at Columbus Avenue in Waco as well. You know. The Church. Amen. 

No comments: