Monday, June 17, 2024

June 17 - “Happy Father’s Day”


Watched some of Columbus Avenue BC worship service while waiting for Sam. Always fun to see who’s singing in the choir that we know. Preaching’s not too shabby, either. 


Just before church started at Seaside I had a text come in from Cailyn wishing me a Happy Father’s Day. Very sweet stuff. That’s my girl. Her mom and dad each texted as well.  At church all the boys wished me the best as well. And Kel also gave me a great looking Astros pocket logo polo shirt. 


We stuck around after church long enough to enjoy dinner on the grounds. Joe brought his famous tamales from Brenham. Thats some good stuff. Then we loaded up the car with some extra stuff: Wagons to carry stuff at camp. A random car seat. A 7-year-old to fill said car seat (That would be Ezra. He rode with us to Waco to meet up with his mom). 


The trip was kinda fun. Ezra and I searched out strange critters that go moo or baa or tweet or … whatever deer say. We saw them all. And at Josh’s I got a really nice Father’s Day card. Oh, and Christi got me some Minute Maid frozen lemonade. Good stuff. 


Now today we actually leave for camp. Remember … not sure about posts this week. 


Proverbs‬ ‭23‬:‭24‬ says, The father of a righteous son will rejoice greatly, and one who fathers a wise son will delight in him.


Father, thanks for the safe trip thus far.  Amen. 

No comments: