Monday, July 31, 2023

July 31 - “Mnemonic Magic”

I met another new couple at church yesterday. They are in the process of moving here from San Antonio, so they were here doing some house hunting. I talked to the guy at length. We were about the same age. I’m just a little older. But he remembered Ball High playing his school back then in the state championship. I guessed it was Odessa Permian. Bingo. Correct. We lost to them. 

I actually figured out a way to remember their names. His name was Jerry. That was my uncle’s name. Her name was Teresa, as in Mother Teresa. And their last name? Jerry gave me the clue for that one. He asked me, “What was John Kennedy’s middle name?”  I knew that one. Fitzgerald. Yep.  That was their last name as well. Guess I’ll remember them. Mnemonic Magic and all. 


Jeremiah‬ ‭29‬:‭13 says, You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.


Father, thank you for the chance to meet some new friends. Bless their efforts to find a new home. Amen. 

No comments: