Thursday, July 20, 2023

July 20 - “Home Defense”

I joined Chris on her walk yesterday. Well, I joined the first mile of it, anyway. At that point I bade her farewell and came back home to do some bug spraying. 

We got the name of a preferred product from a guy at church who works in the bug industry (Thanks, Glenn).  Home Defense. That’s what we needed, all right - defense. Mainly against an incursion … no, an invasion army of ants. They have completely surrounded the perimeter of the house, and they never stop moving. It’s kind of frightening. I have honestly expected to hear a horde of tiny voices screaming, “For the sword of the Lord and for Gi-dee-ANT!”  I got it all sprayed down now, though. The home defense of Jeri-NO has been applied. 


Radiation Session number eleven is is the books. Shortest one yet, too. Nineteen minutes. Unfortunately, the Astros game was on at the same time. I followed it on my phone, though. Pretty exciting pitchers’ duel. And the good guys did eventually win. 


Psalms‬ ‭113‬:‭3‬ says, From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised.


Father, please be with Chris and Dale and Sam in their ongoing battles. Grant them your peace. Amen. 

No comments: