Friday, July 21, 2023

July 21 - “Back to the back”

My turn at the doc started out our long day yesterday. I had a follow-up appointment with the pain doc who gave me the shot in the back.  So far I think it has worked pretty well. My back has barked a time or two at night and woke me up (which might be the problem I have with discs lower down), and it still doesn’t particularly like things like sweeping or spraying for ants. But the only real residue from the shot nerve is some tightness around my side upon exertion. 

 They had a new tech to do vitals and get preliminary info. Julio was the most vibrant and jovial person we have had, well … ever. He commented several times about how wonderful we were. He liked my smile. He asked me who Chris was, and I told him she was my girlfriend, but I also married her. After that, every time I spoke, he turned to Chris and admonished her to keep me on a tight leash. He told us several times that he liked us. Finally, he took my blood pressure.  119 over 70. Then he said he hated me for having such great blood pressure. He asked about my nutrition. I said, “I eat.”  He looked at me again. One of “those” looks. The he looked over at Chris and said, “Tighter leash.”  Very fun guy. Don’t let Julio get away, Doc.

 Oh. I forgot. The results of the visit. I’m now rescheduled for shot number two in my lower back on August 2nd. Don’t know what time yet. That’s the one where the insurance company requires two successful short-term shots before agreeing to pay for the third session that actually burns the nerve to prevent it from generating pain. 

 Long morning. And in the afternoon … radiation number twelve … check! Final visit with radiation oncologist (for six months, anyway) … check!

 James 5:16 says, Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

 Father, thanks for the pleasant interchange unit with Julio. Bless him with even more joy. Amen. 


No comments: