Monday, July 17, 2023

July 17 - “A race … to Walgreens?”

There were two brand new folks at church yesterday. One young lady and the other was a young man. Well, they were young to me, anyway, which I know is not saying much. I didn’t get to meet the lady , but the guy’s name was Chris. Finally. Someone whose name I can remember. 

Dinner on the grounds was amazing as usual. So much food. The chicken spaghetti Chris made was scraped clean. I had some meatloaf and baked beans and even a few deviled eggs. Jim was pleased, not just that they were there, but more that Shawn wasn’t there to compete with him for scarfing rights. I may or may not have sampled a lemon bar, a piece of lemon pie, and some banana pudding. Yum. 

We were watching an episode of 100 Day Dream Home in the afternoon. Suddenly, Freddy notified us that someone was at or near the front door. It was our wheelchair bound neighbor. She needed someone to run down to I Walgreens and get her prescriptions before 6:00. They were covered by insurance, so there was no cost involved. Oh. And they closed in ten minutes. We grabbed our keys and took off. Walgreens is less that five minutes away, so we weren’t worried. And fortunately, the pharmacy hadn’t closed early. They pulled the script, took my ID, and we were on our way. We made it home in plenty of time for the first pitch of the Astros game. 


Romans‬ ‭12‬:‭1‬ says, Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.


Father, thank you for another great day at church. Amen. 

No comments: