Thursday, July 13, 2023

July 13 - “Getting the hang of it”

After a busy morning of walking and climbing stairs (Chris, of course), and diligently working on the newest jigsaw puzzle (that would be me, of course), we headed out to begin week two (Day 6) of radiation. Of our three or four different routes, it was once again in the rotation to head down the Seawall. Good choice to chance it on a Wednesday. Mid-week traffic was not bad at all. The Gulf is still a little churned up, though.  Red flags flying. Guess I didn’t miss anything by not going fishing. Another day … soon. 

I think these radiation folks may just be getting the hang of things. Chris’ appointment was the shortest one yet. Really cut into my waiting room nap time. I didn’t mind, though. She was less sore after this one than any others so far. Let’s keep it going like that, guys. 

Last night for supper Chris made “Diane Huntley Lasagna.”  There’s probably another, more technical, name for it. But she got the recipe from Diane, so “Diane’s” it will always be. Really good stuff, too. 


Acts‬ ‭20‬:‭35‬ says, In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ 

‭‭

Father, thank you that Chris’ post-treatment headache was so much milder than before. Amen. 

No comments: