Tuesday, July 18, 2023

July 18 - “Beam me up, Scotty”

I saw my first neighborhood coyote yesterday. It strolled by our house at about 5:45, when I went out to put some mail by the mailbox. The critter moved to the other side of the street when he saw me, so we were giving each other plenty of room to coexist. He turned the corner and headed off toward Jones Park, so I hurried inside to check up on Freddy. I think she slept through his presence this time. Let’s keep it that way, Freddy. 


Chris had her first appointment with the actual oncologist in the morning. Dr. Marco-something. She had to start all the paperwork from scratch for some reason. I mean, the nurse was typing it into Chris’ online chart anyway. I told Chris to just put, “see chart” on everything. 


When the doc came in, we kind of found out why the new paper trail. He commented, “I’m old school.” We both really liked him. He did the most thorough general exam that she has had in years. He reviewed the plan for the future  hormone therapy and placed an order for baseline bloodwork. She goes back to see him in six weeks. That’s when she starts the therapy. Then four weeks after that she goes back to make sure the drug is doing its job. 


Treatment Number 9. Done and checked. Almost to double figures. Chris told me some of the specifics of what they were doing to her in there. I’m pretty sure she said they were firing photon torpedoes at her from both sides, then unleashing an electron beam towards her in a direct frontal assault. And there was a time or two where she wanted to cry out, “Beam me up, Scotty!”  Whew! Frightening. Real Star Trek level tech going on there. 


Last night we went to the kickoff block party for our week of Backyard Bible Club at church. Bounce house, hot dogs, games and lots of fun. Thank you to the group from First Baptist Church Gordon, Texas, that is here to lead out this week. Oh, and on the way home we saw two coyotes calmly  jogging along the side of the road. Welcome to Galveston. 


Isaiah 26:4 says, Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.

‭‭

Father, be with the Backyard Bible Club at church this week. Show some kids you. Amen. 

No comments: