Thursday, July 27, 2023

July 27 - “A little celebration”

Well, I planned to mow the grass when I woke up yesterday. But as my 8 a.m. start time approached, so did a thunderstorm moving in off the Gulf. Pretty common occurrence this time of year. By around 7:30 the skies opened up and the rains began. So much for the mowing plan. 


The rain finally stopped after fifteen minutes or so, and this time it actually cooled things down a little rather than making it hotter and muggier. So of course Chris was ready to go for a walk. I joined her for the first mile and a half again. Gotta get that distance behind me at least five times before I try adding some. This was attempt number three. 


We finally got around to our little celebration for Chris making it through radiation. Not that it was a huge deal. Lunch at Saltgrass. Just the two of us. I had steak and shrimp. She had grilled chicken breast. And we paid for it with an anonymous gift card we got back when I retired. So, thank you … whoever you are. 


James‬ ‭1‬:‭22‬-‭24 says, Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.


Father, thanks for the rain. It did cool things down some. Amen. 

No comments: