Tuesday, August 1, 2023

August 1 - “Growth and Deadth”

Chris got the day started. Well, I guess technically, I did, since I got out of bed first. But she cooked me up an omelet and took off on her walk. I stayed behind and tore into my jigsaw puzzle some more. It was feeling neglected. 

When she got back, she went right to the back yard to do the steps, and before you know it, she asked me for some help. Not walking steps, mind you. Nope. She used the two words that when combined in the same sentence are music to my ears. “Oleander“ and “chop.” Yes! Another opportunity to lop off some oleander growth. Actually, this was deadth, not growth. But hey. It was oleander. Chop, chop. And while I was out there I even got to spray some more ants. They were swarming around our toilet planter. Yes, you read that right. Long story for another day … 


Chris did some laundry yesterday. It’s kind of strange to see clothes hanging on our makeshift clothesline on the back porch. We haven’t had a clothesline since our very first house. We seldom used it back then.  Well, my grandmother used it all the time to hang diapers on (yes, real cloth diapers) when she stayed with us to help after Kel was born. We used our gas dryer instead. Only time we have ever had a gas one. I know. More info than you cared to hear about. Just know that we will certainly welcome our new electric one when it is finally delivered next week. 


Ephesians‬ ‭3‬:‭20‬-‭21 says, Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.


Father, I’ve been thinking about Sam and Dale today. Please give them relief from pain so they can get some rest tonight.  Amen. 

No comments: