Friday, August 4, 2023

August 4 - “Fielding a text-yell”

I guess I should throw in a quick report on the results of my back shot the other day. This whole heart thing has kind of trumped that news. I have been trying to downplay that, by the way. Heart issues being Chris’ thing and all. She’s doing pretty well, by the way. But Chris called in the big guns to challenge my complacency. She texted April. Have you ever been yelled at in a text? Have you ever been able to tell that you were being yelled at in a text … from across the room? Ouch. OK, April.  I made the phone call. My appointment is next month with none other than Chris’ cardiologist. At least we have a head start with him. Already trust him. 

Back to the back shot. It actually did work for as long as it lasted (about 12 hours at best).  That put my window of relief ending around eleven or midnight. That meant I still woke up earlier than I particularly wanted to with a pain in my back. I don’t think it was as bad as it has been, though. I probably could have rolled over and found a different, less uncomfortable position. But it was already four.  And I was already awake. Hey. That’s what naps are for, right? 


The nurse practitioner from the doctor’s office dutifully made her follow-up phone call after lunch. I reported pretty much what I just wrote, minus the heart stuff, of course. She took her notes. Guess that makes me a good candidate for the dreaded ablation - burning the nerves with some kind of alien radio wave technology. I’m all set up for that at the end of the month. So … fire up the radio waves, Myrtle. We’re goin’ in!


Psalms‬ ‭59‬:‭16 says, But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.


Father, please expedite this whole back/heart process. I’d really like to get back on the road. Amen. 

No comments: