Friday, August 18, 2023

August 18 - “On most appropriate birthday gifts”

Well, the old man came through with the greatest birthday gift ever for Chris’ 69th yesterday. It was something that we really and truly needed … a brand new … toilet seat! She was absolutely overjoyed. So much so that she could barely speak. Guess I nailed that one, huh? 


Oh, there were a few other things as well. A myriad of scrapbooking supplies. A gift card to Gringos. Oh, and the one gift second only to the aforementioned seat … a new key to the front door (she gave her old one to Sam). She now has a new way to enter my mind, my stomach, my house, my toilet, and of course … my heart. Gotta love that girl. 


After all that excitement, she felt like she needed to take a walk. It was my off-day, so I stayed at the house, but I did walk the interior track (all around every room in the house, over and over again) for about ten or fifteen minutes - until my back started reminding me why it was my off-day. Thanks for watching out for my back, Back. 


We did make her day even more special. We went to lunch at her second-most favorite spot … Salsa’s. Her favorite spot is also Mexican food, but it’s off-island - Gringos (hence the gift card).  She loves her some Mexican food. 


The restaurant was not crowded at all, probably because we beat the lunch rush and arrived at 11:30. But there was a problem. For some reason, no waiter came. And the clock ticked on … and on … and on. We decided if we weren’t attended to after 15 minutes, we were out of there. At 13 minutes and 45 seconds, a waiter came up to us and apologized profusely. He immediately took our order and assured us that we would be taken care of. The manager came out as well. Apparently the guy who was supposed to be our waiter had mysteriously disappeared. They thought he was just in the bathroom, but … nope. He was just gone. Since the manager was already involved anyway, they did comp our queso and drinks. At least there was that. Happy birthday!


Psalms‬ ‭23‬:‭3 says, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.

‭‭

Father, once again, thank you for your incredible gift to the world and subsequently to me … my wife. Good job there. Amen. 

No comments: