Monday, August 14, 2023

August 14 - “Actual Birthday Day”

There has been so much happening over the last few days that I really have felt like I’m having a birthday week. Great surprise party on Saturday. The usual fun day on Sunday (see below for more details). And by my calculations, today should be my Actual Birthday Day. I think. I don’t know. Now that I’m officially 70 I get a pass on specifics, right?


My day-before-birthday was a lot calmer than the day-before-the-day-before-birthday. Whew! That was a mouthful. We started out in church where we had hoped to see our Arlington friends again. However, on our way there, we got a text that Cary had apparently caught the Caleb Crud. He had joined Josh and Luke and Caleb in a night of vomiting and diarrhea. Needless to say, they decided to head home instead of taking a chance on infecting the whole church. Chris assured him that she had adequately disinfected the bathrooms. I think maybe his was a combination of that awesome Shrimp n Stuff Greasy Goodness mixed with the awesomeness of triple dessert richness. Hope that’s all it was, anyway. Praying for you, Cary. 


The rest of the day was spent crashing out at home. We caught the Astros game, of course. We watched a movie or two. I may or may not have dozed off. Chris spinet some time outside, reading a book. Hard to beat an afternoon like that. 


Now to see what further adventures an Actual Birthday Day can bring …


Psalms‬ ‭103‬:‭13‬ ‭says, As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;


Father, please heal Cary quickly. That stuff didn’t seem to last long for the others, but he IS a little older than they are. Amen. 

No comments: