Tuesday, August 15, 2023

August 15 - “Here we go again”

Great way to start the day … 

First, Nathan texted me a Happy Birthday message. 

Then Sam did the same. 

Then Chris gave me a present. It was two baseball and card holders for signed balls and cards. I immediately put my Al Kaline ball and card in one. The signature on the ball is kind of fading.  I searched my boxes for at least an hour looking for my Vinegar Bend Mizell signed card. Never did find it. And by the time I had re-loaded all the storage boxes, I realized that I could have grabbed either a Mickey Lolich card or a Daryl Kile card to go with the other two signed balls I have. Oh, well. 


We heated up a leftover burger for lunch, then I watched a movie and worked on my newest jigsaw puzzle for the rest of the afternoon. 


Well, that is until I noticed that the bathtub was backing up again. I called the company back that did the work four days ago. They said they could come back, but it would cost another $450, because “He told you the pipe was broken.” I put them off and called our contractor friend to see what he could do. I told him, “If we need to run the new line, so be it, but I would rather hear it from someone I trust (you) than from them.”  


He actually came by the house and took a look. He agreed with the assessment about the location of the clog, but wasn’t so sure about using that company again. He recommended a different one to call and see what they can do. Guess we need to plan on another $475 clearing charge and then plan on whatever their bid is to redo the line. Sigh. Here we go …


Ephesians‬ ‭2‬:‭10‬ says, For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.


Father, thanks for another spin around the sun. 70 is a pretty good run … so far. Amen. 

No comments: