Tuesday, August 8, 2023

August 8 - “Chasing burs”

Monday morning workout day. We started off with a two mile walk. Then Chris headed to the back yard to do some steps. Then she transitioned into weeding some flower beds. 

Meanwhile I … no, I did not stay inside and work a jigsaw puzzle. OK. I have been known to do that. But this time I cooled down a little bit, then braved the extreme heat and tackled some stickerburs. Pulled out my trusty stickerbur pulling tool. Gets them by the roots. I have already done pretty much all of our yard. It is a never-ending chore, though. Today was set aside as “Begin work on new neighbors’ yard while they are at work” Day. Their front yard alone is covered with the evil critters. They did mow, but I don’t think they realize that mowing just spreads out the evil sticky seeds unless you do it regularly before the stickerbur make its appearance. Maybe if I do it a little at a time, we can transform their yard and protect ours from future incursions. 


We actually left the house to go somewhere other than Walmart. I had a couple of prescriptions ready at Randall’s. While we were there, I asked why they stopped putting the name of the drug on the text message notifications they send out. All that’s there now is a prescription number that may or may not match up with the one on the old bottle. It’s almost impossible to guess what you are picking up. No real answer. Just blamed it on “updates to the app.” Oh well. 


Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭11‬ says, And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.


Father, thank you for another beautiful day to be outside.  Amen. 

No comments: