Thursday, August 3, 2023

August 3 - “3.24”

Big day again. My pain doc gave me the second shot in a series of three. Actually, the first two are insurance required time and money wasters for the shot-ee. The medication only lasts about 24 hours. Not much good there. The third one is the biggie. It’s supposed to last until the nerve grows back. Yep. They burn that bugger so I can’t feel the pain sensors anymore. We’ll see. 

I had my reply to one of the usual questions all planned out. When the asked “How would you rate your pain on a scale of 1-10?” I told them 3.24. That’s Justin Verlander’s earned run average. She didn’t get it. 


The test itself went pretty well, I guess. My doc had a resident with him, so he let her do a lot of the procedure. He was right there with her, though. How do I know? I could feel four hands. He’s good, but he’s not THAT good. 


Next door to the clinic was Hobby Lobby. Of course we had to stop

In there. Chris needed some scrapbooking supplies. Next we stopped at Spring Creek Barbecue for lunch. It was right across the parking lot, so it wasn’t much of a stretch. Then we drove across the street to Michael’s. I got to stay in the car this time. I could feel my tired crashing down. That was all we had on the Texas list this time. Back home to watch the Astros again. 


Oh, and on a minor side note … after the game I finally got a message from my doctor about the stress test. Learned a new word. Ischemia. Yeah … it’s a heart thing. I guess Chris’ heart condition was contagious after all. Now I get to wait for a call back to see a cardiologist. Chris says it looks like I may be in the market for a heart cath soon. Her specialty. I’m just gonna tell them to book us a double bed …


Ephesians‬ ‭4‬:‭2‬ says, Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.


Father, thanks yet again for the miracle that is in these pain relief shots. And be with us while we start another walk through heart stuff. Amen. 

No comments: