Sunday, August 6, 2023

August 6 - “On call”

I jumped back in the walking rotation with Chris. She slowed down to accommodate me, but we still averaged below 20 minutes per mile (19.25). Woohoo!

I think it might be the new breakfast recipe Chris printed out. It probably has some kind of nifty little name, but I do t know it. The recipe calls for you to crisp up some corn tacos, then spread them with Avocado and cream cheese. I think there’s some kind of red onion thrown in there, too. Then it’s all topped off with a pile of scrambled eggs (minus the salt).  I know. Sounds disgustingly healthy. But guess what? It tasted really good. I requested that it definitely be retained in the starting rotation. 


Last night we met up with our friend from Arlington, Kevin and Mari. They were in town getting ready to leave on a cruise. We gathered at Salsa’s for some Mexican food. Mari is not so much into seafood. It was good catching up with them. 


Looks like Chris will be taking them to the cruise terminal in the morning. Kel texted me last night that he was feeling pretty bad. He asked if I could be on call to preach today. Made for an interesting rest of the evening. But here we go …


Amos‬ ‭5‬:24 says, But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!


Father, please be with us at church today. And be with Chris as she takes Mari and Kevin to the port.  

No comments: