Wednesday, August 2, 2023

August 2 - “Back Day”

Today is Back Day again for me. I’m scheduled for the second in a series of three procedures on my lower back. The first two are steroid-type shots designed to give short-term relief. If they both work (the first one did fine), the third procedure will be an ablation of the nerve. Basically, they will cauterize (Yep. Read there “burn.” Not exactly sure how) the nerve ending to keep the pain from registering. Sounds kind of weird to me, but I’m sure down for the relief. 

I got back at it yesterday. I joined Chris on her walking journey. She stayed with me this time and cut her travels down to just the two miles I did. Funny, huh? “Just the two miles.”  Not that long ago I was struggling to get around the block. 


Of course she couldn’t stand it. She went into the backyard and battled the mosquitoes for awhile. Er … I mean … worked in the flowerbeds. I felt a little guilty, so I joined her for that, too. It was just too hot to leave her out there alone. Gotta love that crazy, green-thumbed lady …


Luke‬ ‭6‬:‭27‬-‭28 says, But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.


Father, would you walk with me today into that back procedure? Thanks. Amen. 

No comments: