Tuesday, August 29, 2023

August 29 - “Kumbayamatoes”

Yesterday was yard work day. I got the mower out, but Chris insisted she wanted to do it. Historically, that IS a task Chris has enjoyed doing. Of course, our mower is on its last leg, so I had to help her get it started. She took off, though. But … when she got to the front yard, she got yelled at by Corey. Our neighbors look out for us. He told her she shouldn’t be doing that. She replied, “It keeps Kelley from doing it.”  Umm … Thanks?


Continuing in this adventurous realm, I ate something for lunch that I can say I have never had before. Leftover ribs? Nope. They were good, but not what I’m talking about. A salad? No that’s not it. Well, it sort of is. I’ve had salad before, but never with one particular ingredient. Brown tomatoes. Called kumbayamatoes. Well, something like that. Our neighbor Janell found them at Krogers and she tried them at her house, but had too many for them to eat them all. Benefit - Vaughan’s. And, hey! If you didn’t look at the color, they tasted really good. Thanks, Janell. 


‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3‬:‭16‬ ‭says, I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being


Father, thanks for our neighbors who really do care about us. Amen. 

No comments: