Monday, August 7, 2023

August 7 - “Draw the straw”

I did draw the straw to preach yesterday. It took me an extra hour or so of last minute preparation in the morning, but I ended up going with the teaching I was in the process of planning to use next week. That way Kel can preach next week the sermon he had prepared before he got sick. That means now I have an extra all ready for some time in the future. Phew!  


I do think it went pretty well. I met a new guy who just moved to Galveston from Houston. He said he would be back. 

After church we settled in to watch the Astros game. Sam called and asked if she could come hang out for a couple of hours. She got home and discovered that her AC had been turned off again by the power company. That meant she couldn’t use her lift to get up stairs into her house. Not to mention the no AC issue. On a positive note, though, she got to watch the Astros win. 


Philippians‬ ‭2‬:‭3‬ ‭says, Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves


Father, thanks for the chance to preach. It is fun. Amen. 

No comments: