Thursday, August 17, 2023

August 17 - “Pssssst … Happy Birthday, Chris Vaughan. Pass it on”

Today is my beautiful bride’s birthday. I can always remember it as long as she remembers mine. She is technically a year behind me, though. So she’s still a true Spring chicken. Give her some  love when you get a chance. 


Speaking of Chris … I joined her on the two mile‭‭ hike portion of her morning workout. Gotta do it a few times a week leading up to my cardiologist appointment. Then I can tell him truthfully that I have been faithfully walking. Of course … my back. It lasted really well for the first mile and a half. After that, it was a struggle to quiet the barking and focus on completing the mission. But as I said, I finished. I’ll take it. 


Yesterday was also Chris’ day to get a haircut. Suzann was anxious to see her when I was in the day before. Probably because Chris’ hair is so much easier to deal with than mine. Well, that or she just likes Chris better … 


It was also the day that our little baby IRA accounts came due to be renewed. Why do I call then “little babies”? Because there was not much in them to start with, and they sure haven’t grown a lick. As it turned out, we have to go back today, because they couldn’t change anything until current interest had been applied, or some such accounting nonsense. 


2 Corinthians‬ ‭1‬:‭3‬-‭4‬ ‭says, Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.


Father,  thank you for all the years out of Chris’ life that I have been blessed to be with her. Amen. 

No comments: