Friday, July 1, 2022

July 1 - “Livin’ in a Library”

The rain showed up in force and early on. I know because I was awake a lot of the night. Lots of issues with my back and thumb joints and some hip pain as well. I finally got up around 2:30 and took a couple of Tylenol. That helped enough that I got a few fitful hours in between then and 6 when I finally gave up and got out of bed. Guess the change of weather is wreaking havoc on the old arthritis.

 

It did give me a chance to get started on the book situation. I was really on the clock this time. Chris had an eye doctor appointment, so she left. I knew I had to get finished and cleaned up before home group that night. And we still had a table full of paraphernalia from Chris’ shadow boxes that used to be hanging on the wall.

 

Well, our goal was reached. Sort of. The books are up and the Knick-knacks are either in boxes or a closed cabinet. Where are the boxes and shelves and everything else that used to adorn the wall?  Weeellll … they are all taking a well-earned nap in the yellow bedroom. Just until we can figure out where a permanent home for them might be.

 

Everything worked out pretty well for getting set for home group. Vacuuming done. Dusting done. Sweeping done. Computer set up. All in plenty of time for the folks to arrive and be amazed. The ones who commented seemed to appreciate all the books. Maybe we can do some actual library lending in the future. Whatever we do … I like it.

 

Galatians 5:6 says, For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.”

 

Father, thanks for encouraging friends. Amen.

No comments: