Thursday, July 28, 2022

July 28 - “I love you with all of my hip”

I was back on the walking trail again yesterday. Amazing what one day off between walks can do for my old cranky joints. And I made it the whole 2.5 miles. There was some barking on the last mile, though. Chris asked about my hip. I redirected the question. Something about her not having a vested interest in that particular part of my anatomy. “I have never said I love you with all of my hip.”  and I hastened to add … “But I do have a vested interest in your heart!”  Then I questioned her about how she was breathing and what pains she was having in her back. Funny … the discussion never returned to my hip or knee or even back.

 

We checked off another of our pre-trip checklist. Chris gave Freddy a bath. We even brushed her with one of those undercoat combs. She’s all ready for her stay with her LaMarque cousins. 

 

Just as the Astros game began, we decided to run over to Home Depot. Chris has some cactus-type plants that she wanted to repot. But apparently, cactus-type plants require cactus-type plant dirt. That’s what we went to get. I have a lot to learn about this whole green thumb thing of hers.

 

We popped into Target while we were over there to see if they had any replacement wheels for suitcases. One of ours broke off. It looks like we are going to get the entire suitcase replaced by the warranty department of the manufacturer. In the meantime we just thought we’d see if replacement parts existed. Maybe they do. But not there.

 

Philippians 2:2 says, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.”

 

Father, please be with us as we count down the last few days before leaving on our next adventure. Amen.


No comments: