Friday, July 15, 2022

July 15 - “Kaboom!”

I didn’t get much sleep night before last. I woke up at 3:30 with my hip aching and then couldn’t get comfortable. Then around 4:30 a severe thunderstorm blew through with very loud claps of thunder. That lasted thirty or 45 minutes. I finally gave up and just got up.

 

We had a little house guest with us.  Noa stumbled into the office around 8 or so.  Chris suggested that they make some pancakes, so it wasn’t long before we were seated in front of a stack of cakes and a plate full of bacon. Yum. By the way, Noa can sure eat some bacon. That’s my girl.

 

After breakfast we cleared the table and played some card games. I won at Kings in the Corner, but Noa absolutely destroyed me at Battle. From there we moved to the couch to watch some episodes of The Floor is Lava. She also introduced me to a show called Mr. Beast. Some You Tube guy gives away thousands of dollars to people who will do outrageous stunts. Strange. We had to get her to rehearsal by 11:30, so that was the extent of our literary enhancement for the morning.

 

At home group last night, we got started on a new Book - 1 Samuel. It will undoubtedly take a while to wade through this one. Here we go.

 

Luke 1:37 says, For no word from God will ever fail.

 

Father, thank you for the rain today. Our grass sure does appreciate it.  Amen.

No comments: