Saturday, July 16, 2022

July 16 - “She caught me”

We did our two miles again. My hip bothered me … well, no more than usual. Chris made a doctor appointment for me, though. Seems that she had determined in her deviousness that the next time she saw me limping or pounding on my hip (as is my way when it gets sore), she was going straight to the phone and call. Needless to say … she caught me.

 

She made the call, and of course they put her off, telling her that they would transfer the request to the doctor himself and see if he would accept the appointment. She left my phone number for them to call. I considered that a win. They never call right away, and even if they did, I was sure there would be no way I could get an appointment for at least a few months. I settled back in to my book about Joe DiMaggio.

 

However, ere I turned even two pages, my phone rang. Yep. Doctor’s office. “And when would that appointment be for,” I asked, smugly. “Oh. You’re lucky. He actually has an opening this Wednesday at 9 am.”  Great. Well, then, let’s go walk a few more miles.

 

1 Corinthians 15:57 says, But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

 

Father, thank you for Chris’ persistence ... I suppose.  Amen. 

No comments: