Thursday, July 14, 2022

July 14 - “A Pretty Big Beast”

Chris went to the lab for some blood work. Apparently, they messed up with what they drew last time, so they needed to stab her again. In and out. Easy peasy.

 

When she got back, I mowed the grass. No edging this time, but I did stop and pull a few dozen weeds. As is her custom, she followed behind and swept up. She does like a finished product. After the mow, I discovered on the ground the carcass of a pretty large insect-type beast with a nasty-looking, big stinger. An internet search and some help from Facebook friends revealed that it was most likely a cicada killer wasp. Although it is a huge creature, it is essentially harmless … unless you are a cicada – hence, the name.

 

After lunch it was her turn to head for a haircut (Chris’, not the bug).  I planned to read while she was gone, but I had some visitors instead. Christina and Ezra stopped by. They had dropped Noa off at theater rehearsal. Since Noa was spending the night here, they dropped off her suitcase with us. It was a fun visit. Let me just put it this way … Ezra had plenty to say.

 

Chris got home about three minutes after they left. “Missed ‘em by that much.”  Her hair looks great, by the way.

 

I did eventually get back to reading.  I read enough of the book I started on Babe Ruth (a different one from the autobiography I really liked) to decide it was just way too disjointed to follow with ease. And the author used way too many million-dollar words for a simple sports book. I just couldn’t follow. So that one is back on the shelf. I pulled another one, this time on Joe DiMaggio. So far it is already way better put together. I may even finish this one.

 

We picked up Noa around 5:30 and headed right for Whataburger. The youngster was hungry. As is her custom, she jabbered all the way home. We watched a few episodes of The Floor Is Lava on Netflix before she headed to bed.  Well, that would be after family worship - around 8:30. I watched some of the Astros game in California before giving up and hitting the sack myself.

 

Psalms 56:3 says, When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.

 

Father, thank you for our special granddaughter time with Noa. Amen.

No comments: