Sunday, July 3, 2022

July 3 - “I think we are done in here”

We made the return trip to the vet for Freddy’s ear recheck. And we returned home with … Half Yoda, again. The ear still had some fluid in it. And the vet proclaimed, “You know, like we talked about, if it keeps filling with fluid, then we’ll have to do surgery. And we want to avoid doing surgery if at all possible.”  You and me both, Doc.

 

Back home, we hung up a few last things in the library. And then I heard Chris say something I never thought I would hear.  “I think we are done in this room.”  Nice.

 

We headed into Texas around 3:00. April was throwing Nathan a birthday celebration. Thirty-seven years for that youngster, that puppy, that mere lad, a wisp of a creature. A group of their friends came over for burgers and frito pie and pasta salad. Oh, and most of them ended up in the swimming pool as well. Cailyn was headed to a friend’s house to spend the night, but we got to see her, and in Nana’s words, “do some much needed hugging on her.”  We hung out for a few hours, had a burger and then left any further partying to the youngsters.

 

Next on the list was the Jamaica Beach Volunteer Fire Department Fourth of July dance and barbecue and blind auction fund raiser. It took us a good while to get there, but we finally checked in around 8:30. We saw lots of folks we knew: good friends from Seaside, fire fighters, and community folks we have met over the years. We bought a plate of barbecue, but we brought it home to have for lunch another day. We finally made it back home a little before ten.  Fun, but long, day.

 

Psalms 59:16 says, But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.”

Father, thank you for Nathan and the man he is becoming. Keep him safe as he continues to be the husband and father you have called him to be. Amen. 

 

No comments: