Tuesday, July 26, 2022

July 26 - “A rude surprise”

We were awakened with a really rude surprise. Well, Chris was, anyway. I was already up and in the kitchen. The coffee had just finished perking when suddenly, the electricity went out. No warning. No thunder. Just went out. Scared Freddy, for sure. She came running into the kitchen with me. Meanwhile, back in the bedroom, all of Chris’ heart monitoring equipment alarms went off at once because of the power failure. Needless to say, she woke up.  It didn't stay but a few seconds, but it was enough to knock the clocks off time.  

 

We were apparently feeling extra-enthusiastic later in the morning. Just as we reached the final turn of our walk, Chris mentioned that she intended to add a half mile. She told me I could go on home if I wanted to. Nope. All the way. Two and a half miler. I figured it would probably mean I wouldn’t be able to stay awake for all of the Astros game (late West Coast start), but the time with her is worth it, even on the walking trail.

 

I spent at least three hours trying to get our computer to talk to our printer.  Both of them took a hit from the outage, and when they came back on, they just wouldn’t talk to each other. Ornery kids. It took me every bit of that three hours to figure out … the computer was connecting to the wrong Wi-Fi. That’s it. Once I showed it the right one, boom. No more problem.

 

Isaiah 26:4 says, “Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.”

 

Father, thank you for the encouragement Chris gives me about all that walking. Please keep her healthy. Amen.

No comments: