Monday, July 25, 2022

July 25 - “Meeting Grizzy”

We had a few extra passengers to pick up for church yesterday. In fact, I received a strange text that reminded me. It went something like this:

I’m an acorn, small and round … I’m a nut! I’m a nut! I’m a nut! I’m a nut! I’m a nut! Git up! Git outa da bed! Don’t be a grunt, you big ol’ head!

 

That should sound familiar to a few dozen folks who have been to camp or on a trip with me. It sure did serve as a wake-up call. I let Chris know right away that it was time to leave to pick up Cailyn and her friend.

 

We had never met this particular young lady. She introduced herself as Cailyn’s stepsister, but failed to give me a name. So I supplied one for her. Griselda. Sounded very stepsister-y to me at the time. She finally told me her real name. Something like Lexonimous.  Griselda Lexonimous.  So Grizzy it is.

 

Church went well. 50 plus people were there. Afterwards, a group of folks went outside to put together the benches that were donated and that we finally received the last pieces to. Unfortunately, three of the eight pieces were received broken, meaning only two of the four benches could be assembled.  I guess Pastor Kel will be making some phone calls on that one.

 

While that issue was being dealt with, we left to join another group of Seasiders over at Way West Grill. I had a BLT, but it hit me when we got home that there was no tomato on it. Odd. There was a lot of bacon, though. Redeeming factor. Chris had chicken quesadillas. Cailyn and Grizzy shared a Hawaiian pizza. We got them home in time to head out for their Sunday afternoon shopping spree. They were even taking Noa along.  Gotta teach the next generation of females to love shopping, I guess.

 

We did get to see Jachin briefly. He has been on a mission trip to Boston. He brought me a souvenir. It’s a lapel pin from the Fenway Park Green Monster. Very cool.

 

Romans 12:1 says, Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of Gods mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.”

 

Father, thank you for the folks that stuck around to put together those benches. And thank you for the chance to introduce Cailyn’s friend to Your family at Seaside. Amen.

No comments: