Sunday, July 24, 2022

July 24 - “A formidable foe”

No rest did the weary at our house. I was up and at ‘em at 5 a.m.  Chris joined me shortly after 7, and after a breakfast of some fresh eggs from Cailyn’s Crazy Cool Chicken Farm, she dragged me back out on the walking track again. Two miles. 88 degrees. Wind chill of 100. A little warm. Of course, she continued on to her stairs regimen, followed by a weight session. See why I do whatever she tells me?  She is a formidable foe for sure.

 

Speaking of which, once she completed her strength training, she notified me that it was time once again for our favorite morning game show - Finish the Flower Beds. Yesterday’s edition was … Mulch Mania. No explanation needed, other than at that time it was 90 with a wind chill of 101. And the winners received … drumroll here … all free, sweat-infused t-shirts! Plus … arms and knees intricately stained with pure garden dirt and masterfully dyed brown mulch (so masterfully stained that it actually looks black!). And the grand prize … fingernails embedded with designs rivaling the best that your local manicurist can come up with!  What a morning! Let’s do it again!

 

I did watch some of the Astros game in the afternoon. My viewing pleasure was shortened, however, by a different kind of pleasure. I got to preside over a vows renewal of a couple I actually married ten years ago. So glad to see it when one of them “works.”  Speaking of “works,” I found out after the ceremony that the Astros held on to win.

 

We finished out the night with dinner and some music. Salty Sounds (Jim and Corey and Doug) was playing at the Lil Buffalo Grill in Evia. We’ve been wanting to try it out. The food was not bad. The music was pretty good, too.

 

2 Peter 3:9 says, The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”

 

Father, please be with Derek and Christy, the couple that exchanged vows again after ten years of trying out the first ones. Help them to grow closer to you and to each other. Amen.

 

No comments: