Thursday, June 30, 2022

June 30 – “Update … Half-Yoda and the books”

Freddy report.  Half-Yoda seems to be doing pretty well.   The bandage is obviously uncomfortable, but she is adapting.  She slept a lot the day after we brought her home from the procedure.  I don’t think she had been getting much shut-eye before then.  Now it has just become uncomfortable.  We take her back in on Saturday to get the bandage off and have the vet take a look at it.  She did have some visitors yesterday.  Corey and Janell came over to check on her and to bring her some special treats.  They have located a source for dog treats in the shape and apparently taste as well, of things like yesterday’s peanut butter cookies.  Thanks for the concern, guys. 

 

Yesterday was my goal day to get the books actually on the shelves and in some semblance of order.  There was a lot of double stacking involved, so it took some finesse, but they are all on board.  Well, all except the six boxes that I decided not to unpack.  I left my EdD notes boxed up.  Also some bulky notebooks of things primarily related to youth ministry.  I have one box of books that amount to duplicates and a few that I know I will never crack open.  Never have up to now. 

 

Today’s goal is to go through all the nic-nacs and 25 years’ worth of random gifts and paraphernalia that have accumulated on the shelves.  We’ll see how many survive the next cut.  I anticipate some pictures for sure.  Maybe a few of the souvenirs.  I also have to carry out to the garage a few boxes of income tax remnants.  Hopefully, the room will be presentable, though perhaps not quite up to Chris’ standards, for home group tonight.

 

Galatians 5:16 says, “So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.”

 

Father, thank you for Freddy’s progress.  And thanks for the loving concern of our neighbors.  Amen.

No comments: